Standlautsprecher OPTICON 8 MK2
The OPTICON 8 MK2 offers optional bi-wiring to enable its bass and midrange/high frequency sections to be connected independently. The driver array of the OPTICON 8 MK2 locates the midrange and hybrid tweeter drivers between the two widely spaced bass drivers. This is done firstly in order to position the mid and high frequency drivers near typical seated ear height, and secondly to take advantage of the smoother low frequency room response that results from spaced bass drivers. The OPTICON 8 MK2 driver array helps make room positioning easier.
Each low frequency section is fitted with its own Dual Flare reflex port. Thanks to its size and true three-way format, the OPTICON 8 MK2 offers a level of performance unavailable from any other OPTICON model. It combines immense low frequency bandwidth, volume potential and dynamic accuracy with the extraordinary detail and clarity that arises from the use of a dedicated midrange driver. High frequencies from the hybrid tweeter are explicitly detailed and informative yet simultaneously smooth and endlessly listenable.
Above the midrange driver, the OPTICON 8 MK2 incorporates a DALI hybrid tweeter that combines the new, CALLISTO derived 29mm soft dome driver alongside a 17mm x 45mm ribbon element. The OPTICON 8 MK2 enclosure incorporates separate internal sections for each driver with non-parallel dividing panels suppressing internal resonance and also significantly aiding enclosure rigidity.
- Frequency range (+/-3 dB) [Hz]
38 - 30.000
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) [dB] 88.5
- Nominal Impedance [ohm] 4
- Maximum SPL [dB] 112
- Recommended Amplifier Power [Watt] 40 - 300
- Crossover frequency [Hz] 380 / 2,200 / 14,000
- Crossover principle 3+½-way
- High frequency driver 1 x 29 mm soft dome 1 x 17 x 45 mm ribbon
- Low Frequency / mid-range Driver(s) 2 x 8” / 1 x 6½”
- Enclosure type Bass reflex (mid-range closed box)
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz] 29.5
- Connection Input(s) Bi-wire / Bi-amp
- Recommended placement Floor
- Recommended distance from rear wall to speaker’s rear panel [cm] 30 - 150
- Dimensions (H x W x D) [mm] 1141 x 241x 450
- Dimensions (H x W x D) [inches] 44.9 x 9.5 x 18.1
- Weight [kg/lb] 37.1/ 81.8
- Included accessories Spike set, rubber feet, manual